lundi 17 novembre 2008

Lavomatik Session - Joan As Policewoman - Eternal Flame

I had met Joan Wasser before only on my CD player, listening for hours to Joan As Policewoman's first album Real Life. When I saw her live for the first time I was hit by the fact that she was one of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

What was so fantastic was how music seemed to fill her soul, hands, heart, voice and whole body.

Later I learnt how much it also filled her life... started piano at 6, violin at 8, played with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, performed live and recorded on studio with Lou Reed, Dave Gahan, Anthony&TheJohnsons, Rufus Wainwright, Joseph Arthur and many others. In 1997, her boyfriend called Jeff Buckley drown accidentally in Memphis. She played with the Dambuilders, and formed Joan As Policewoman in 2005 releasing since then two great albums, "Real Life", and "To Survive".

This session was shot last June, on a warm and sunny lunch break near Maison de la Radio.
Joan was a bit mad at me because the guitar I brought had no strap and strings were strong as a bow.
The washing machine sounded like hell, and Joan played "Eternal Flame".

She is on tour (tonight in Brussel, tomorrow, November 19th in Paris, then Switzerland, Italy, UK, US,...) and if you're around you must not miss it.


Aucun commentaire: